Conversations about Spirituality: Health, Illness, and Healing
The Spirituality Committee will host a panel event on "Health, Illness, and Healing: An Interfaith Perspective."
The panelists are:
- Dr. Rashid Muhammad, director of operations for the Rochester-Monroe Anti-Poverty Initiative and volunteer Muslim chaplain at the University of Rochester Interfaith Chapel.
- Maurice Hopkins, pediatric chaplain at Golisano Children's Hospital and CompassionNet, a community-based pediatric palliative care program.
- Rabbi Avi Kilimnick, who serves as Rabbi of Congregation Beth Sholom
Questions to consider for our conversation:
- What is the connection between health, illness, and healing as understood in your faith tradition?
- How does your faith tradition deal with strong emotions during illness such as anger, fear, guilt, shame, and loss of control?
- Does your worldview, your spirituality or your faith tradition offer any insights about healing?
Lunch will be provided. Please RSVP to Debbie Thayer at Deborah_Thayer@urmc.rochester.edu or (585) 275-8877.
Monday, November 5, 2018 at 12:00pm
Helen Wood Hall, Evarts Lounge
255 Crittenden Boulevard, Rochester NY 14642