"Timing of Cholecystectomy after Acute Biliary Pancreatitis: You Snooze, You Lose!", presented by Vijay Dalapathi, MD, and Mohammed Absar Ullah, MD, Gastroenterology & Hepatology Fellows, Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Both: University of Rochester Medical Center.
At the conclusion of this presentation participants should be able to:
1. Understand epidemiology and burden on healthcare systems from gallstone pancreatitis.
2. Understand medical and surgical management of gallstone pancreatitis.
3. Emphasize the importance of timely cholecystectomy in patients with gallstone pancreatitis.
4. Understand the pathophysiology of gallstone pancreatitis and the principles of management.
5. Understand the role and timing of surgical therapy in preventing recurrent biliary events.
The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Tuesday, January 21 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Class of '62 Auditorium
601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642