About this Event
1801 East Main Street Rochester, NY 14609
Parental and community advocacy is integral to school success, but K-12 schools must make engagement more equitable by implementing strategies that reflect community needs and values. Join a panel of educators and community members who’ll share efforts in creating meaningful parent and community partnerships and discuss ways that you can build connections and effectively advocate for schools.
- Kathleen Graupman, Superintendent, Greece Central School District
- Deborah Hanmer, Founder & CEO, Breakthrough Leadership Consulting; Former Director of the Parent Leadership Training Institute
- Carmine Peluso, Superintendent, Rochester Central School District
- Paul Powell, Regional Superintendent of Instruction, Uncommon Schools
- Jennifer Rees, Chief Academic Officer, East Upper and Lower Schools
- Lorna Washington, Chair of the Convener Board, ROC the Future
The discussion will be moderated by Shaun Nelms, Superintendent of East High EPO, Professor and the William & Sheila Konar Director of the Center for Urban Education Success at the Warner School of Education, and will feature opening remarks from Nahoko Kawakyu O’Connor, assistant professor at the Warner School.
The free event is sponsored by the Warner School of Education's Center for Urban Education Success.