About this Event
Add to calendar
The conference features nationally and internationally recognized experts in the field of suicide prevention and substance use. This event will be completely virtual via Zoom.
- September 17, 2021
- Rethinking Suicide Prevention- Eric Caine, MD, Professor Emeritus, Department of Psychiatry, URMC
- Promoting Social Connection to Prevent Suicide- Kimberly Van Orden, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, URMC
September 24, 2021
- Understanding the Connections Between Partner Violence & Suicide- Catherine Cerulli, PhD, JD, Professor, Department of Psychiatry, URMC
- Interrelationship of stigma, mental health, and substance use- Kenneth Conner, PsyD, Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, URMC.
October 1, 2021
- Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces: Role of Faith Communities in Mental health of African American Youth- Sherry Molock, PhD, Associate Professor, George Washington University
- Suicide among Hispanics in the United States- Caroline Silva, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, URMC
- October 8, 2021
- Suicide in Later Life-Clinical and Public Health Perspectives- Yeates Conwell, MD, Professor, Department of Psychiatry, URMC
- The loss survivor experience, in their own words-Panel discussion- Missy Stolfi, M.ED, Area Director, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention