One of the most visible and recognizable buildings on the River Campus at the University of Rochester, Rush Rhees Library was opened in 1930 and is named after the University's third president.
In addition to its extensive holdings and special collections, it houses the writing, speaking, and argument program and the departmental offices for history, religion and classics, and film and media studies. Also within Rush Rhees are the Gleason Library (open 24/7 when classes are in session); Rare Books, Special Collections and Preservation; the Art and Music Library; Business and Government Information Library; Koller-Collins Center for English Studies; Multimedia Center; Newspaper and Microform Center; and Rossell Hope Robbins Library. The Hopeman Carillon, comprising 50 bells imported from Holland, is located in the library tower.
755 Library Road, Rochester, NY 14626